“The caring staff at Niagara Hospice made it a lot easier for my husband. He looked forward to seeing his nurse and social worker.”
The primary goals of hospice care are to alleviate the patient’s physical pain, provide symptom control, and to support the patient’s caregivers and physician. This support is provided by a team of hospice professionals that consists of:
- Physicians and pharmacists who specialize in pain and symptom control
- Nurses who make regular visits to provide skilled care, health teaching and coordination of additional services. An on-call nurse is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Professional health care consultants such as occupational, physical, respiratory, speech/audiology therapists; nutritionists; psychologists; podiatrists; and dentists
- Hospice aides who assist with hands-on care
- Homemakers are available to assist with light chores
Additional services include delivery and set-up of medical equipment, oxygen therapies, emergency response systems, trained volunteers, laboratory services, and complementary therapies such as music, massage, and pet visits.
“The care my father received from our Hospice nurse was wonderful. Not only did she help my dad, she also helped me care for my dad. I couldn’t have done it without her!”
Subscribe to receive news, event & donation information!
Thank you for signing up to learn more about Niagara Hospice. You are consenting to receiving periodic emails from Niagara Hospice about news, events and donation opportunities. You can opt out of these communications at any time.