Niagara Hospice Grief Support Services
Our Bereavement Department is here to provide the following services to you and your family for up to 13 months after the death of your loved one:
- Phone calls and video chats (regularly scheduled or as needed)
- In-person support groups (please see schedule below)
- Regular scheduled mailings including cards and invites to memorial events
- Bereavement resource library including videos and articles pertaining to grief and loss, support for children and teens, coping, and self-care (located at niagarahospice.org/bereavement)
- Community referrals for resources within your county
- Niagara Hospice Grief Support Facebook and Instagram *Coming soon, see below*
The grieving process can be complicated but you are not alone.
Our Grief Support Specialists will be here to help guide and support you, validate your feelings, facilitate your healing, and listen without judgment as you process the vast emotions of grief and adjust to the world without your loved one.
*All services are provided as a means of support and may be declined at any time*
DID YOU KNOW… Our Bereavement Department offers free & convenient virtual support for families and caregivers?
- You will receive an email to a link for a free video conference with a Niagara Hospice Grief Support Specialist
- You can then discuss your feelings and any challenges you may be facing in a private, one-on-one setting from the comfort of your own home
- Video chats with Niagara Hospice remain available for up to 13 months post loss for continued support and guidance through your grief journey
GRIEF SUPPORT GROUPS
Lewiston Senior Center
4361 River Rd., Youngstown, NY 14174
2nd & 4th Thursdays of each month, 1:00-2:30pm
North Tonawanda Public Library
505 Meadow Drive, North Tonawanda, NY 14120
1st & 3rd Thursdays of each month, 2:00-3:30pm
For all groups, no registration is required. Please call 716-280-0777 for more information.
Are you looking for extra support but don’t wish to talk to anyone? Niagara Hospice will soon offer social media Grief Support through Facebook and Instagram! Our hope is to reach as many grieving people as possible and offer a space for healing and hope. Our mission is to meet you where you are at and be a shoulder to lean on as you move forward one day at a time. Our social media pages will contain a wide variety of support including quotes, article links, videos, blog posts, and so much more. Stay tuned
Subscribe to receive news, event & donation information!
Thank you for signing up to learn more about Niagara Hospice. You are consenting to receiving periodic emails from Niagara Hospice about news, events and donation opportunities. You can opt out of these communications at any time.