VOLUNTEER TRAINING SESSIONS
Session 1: Volunteer Training session #1
Tue Apr 4th, 2017 5:00 pm - Tue Apr 4th, 2017 8:00 pm
Session 2: Volunteer Training session #2
Wed Apr 5th, 2017 5:00 pm - Wed Apr 5th, 2017 8:00 pm
Are you looking for something meaningful to do with one hour a week of your time? Have a friend or family member who would want to share the experience with you? Know of a church or service group looking for a project? Consider The Power of ONE with Niagara Hospice.
Niagara Hospice is looking to grow the number of volunteer services provided to hospice patients and is recruiting dedicated and compassionate individuals looking for fulfilling volunteer experiences that truly make a difference - qualities all hospice volunteers are known for.
There are many volunteer opportunities available that include working with patients and families as well as in-direct patient care. The list below has examples of each:
- Companion visits
- Pet and music visits
- Transportation for shopping or medical visits for patients who are able to get out
- Light housework or home repairs
- Veterans to visit with hospice patients who are veterans as part of the Niagara Hospice We Honor Veterans program
- Vigil Team volunteers
- Speakers Bureau volunteers
- Working with events and other fundraisers
- Help maintaining the Memorial Gardens
- Mailings and office work.
While visiting patients, volunteers may just talk, read the paper or a book to the patient, play cards or do other activities. They may also just provide a hand to hold while the family caregivers take a much deserved break.
Download a flyer to share with friends & family - volunteer together!