VOLUNTEER TRAINING SESSIONS
Session 1: January Volunteer Training Night 1
Tue Jan 14th, 2014 5:00 pm - Tue Jan 14th, 2014 9:00 pm
Session 2: January Volunteer Training Night 2
Wed Jan 15th, 2014 5:00 pm - Wed Jan 15th, 2014 9:00 pm
Session 3: February Volunteer Training Night 1
Tue Feb 11th, 2014 5:00 pm - Tue Feb 11th, 2014 9:00 pm
Session 4: February Volunteer Training Night 2
Wed Feb 12th, 2014 5:00 pm - Wed Feb 12th, 2014 9:00 pm
Are you looking for something meaningful to do with one hour a week of your time? Have a friend or family member who would want to share the experience with you? Know of a church or service group looking for a project? Consider The Power of ONE with Niagara Hospice and the Niagara Hospice Alliance!The Niagara Hospice Alliance is looking to grow the number of volunteer services provided to hospice patients and is recruiting dedicated and compassionate individuals looking for fulfilling volunteer experiences that truly make a difference - qualities all hospice volunteers are known for.
There are many volunteer opportunities available that include working with patients as well as in-direct patient care such as:
- Companion visits
- Pet and music visits
- Transportation for shopping or medical visits for patients who are able to get out
- Light housework or home repairs
- Veterans to visit with hospice patients who are veterans as part of the Niagara Hospice We Honor Veterans program
- Vigil Team volunteers
- Drivers are especially needed
- Speakers Bureau volunteers
- Working with events and other fundraisers
- Help maintaining the Memorial Gardens
- Mailings and office work.
While visiting patients, volunteers may just talk, read the paper or a book to the patient, play cards or do other activities. They may also just provide a hand to hold while the family caregivers take a much deserved break.
Call the Niagara Hospice Alliance at 280-0748 with any questions or send an e-mail to Info@NHAlliance.com.